BLU BETTY & POPIA – CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
As you are no doubt aware the POPI Act comes into existence on the 1 July 2021.
Blu Betty is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is used properly, lawfully and transparently and that all “best practice” efforts are made to protect your information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Blu Betty does not at any point request your banking details (save for EFT refunds)/credit card details to facilitate payments. Instead, we make use of payment platforms such as PayFast, Pay Just Now, Zapper, Snapscan and the like. Therefore we do not store any of that information on any platforms.
- The only information that we collect is your full name, email address, address and contact number for delivery purposes along with salient details relating to your sizing etc relating to the selection of your item.
- Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
- The information (as per above) is shared with the relevant courier company that has been appointed to deliver your order. We have ascertained that the courier companies have their own policies in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
- As per the above, we use your provided personal information only for courier purposes and further for us to contact you from time to time to ensure a quality level of service.
- Where we have a duty to disclose in terms of the law.
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION:
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
> Signed agreements with our staff linked to censure measures should there be a transgression;
> We have ensured that our service providers have got appropriate policies in place;
> Physical security;
> Ensuring computer, network and website security;
> Secure communications;
> Having limited and specific usage of personal information;
> Monitoring access and usage of private information;
> Investigating and reacting to security incidents;
> Limiting/restricting the number of service providers (couriers);
- Access to information
The information that we have of yours is on any invoice you may have received. As you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you we would be happy to send this information. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
- Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to provide the info we have “on file”, update, correct or should you desire, delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to the personal information we may hold about you.
- Definition of personal information
According to the Act ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
If you have any queries, or in the event that you would like to withdraw your consent for us to hold your information, or should you want to exercise preferences/access /correct your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org